BelleMerForums
Welcome to the Belle Mer forums, brought to you by the Belle Mer League and its affiliate, the PUCL Podcast!
BelleMerForums
Welcome to the Belle Mer forums, brought to you by the Belle Mer League and its affiliate, the PUCL Podcast!
BelleMerForums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BelleMerForums

Welcome to the Belle Mer Forums, brought to you by the Belle Mer Pokemon League!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBMPL Home
Possibility of a B/W Summer League, sign-ups may be as early as April. Give feedback in any way you see fit

Salamence UBER! WTF?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MistGun1030
MistGun1030

Pearls : 254300

Salamence UBER! WTF?! Empty
PostSubject: Salamence UBER! WTF?!   Salamence UBER! WTF?! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Assome of you may know Smogon has now made Salamence UBER. I was kind of mad when I heard about it because smogon seems to be screwing up the tier list. You might probably swee that I disargee on Salamence being uber.

Some of you may even disargee with me about Salamence staying OU.

Salamence is a really good pokemon as an attacker, sp attacker, and even as a sp attacker. And it has some pretty good speed to back it up and sweep other pokemon.

Salamence does have some counters such as Weavile, and some steel types when mence locks himself into outrage.

Now some people say Salamence is very similar to Rayquaza. Im not sure if was this that gave people the idea for mence to be uber, but Salamence also is a very dangerous pokemon to go up against.

One the things Salamence is known for is it's Intimidate ability which can cut the opponents pokemon physical attack in half which could come in handy.

And Salamence can learn a few dangerous moves such as Draco meteor, Outrage ect.

And it can easily take down its own counters due to its amazing stats in atk sp atk and speed.

It can basically kill any steel type that gets in its way thanks to its good sp attack stat people can use fire blast or flamethrower to get rid of them.

But over all Salamence can be COUNTERED as I mention in this thread Locking itself into outrage you can bring in a steel type to take the hit.

And due to Salamence's great weakness in ice, You can bring a weavile in to outspeed it *If Mence is not scarfed* and dont forget other dragon type, It seems Dragonite can compete with Salamence due to him being alot more bulky than salamence.

Please make sure to leave your comments BELOW tell me what you think.

Should Salamence stay in OU or should he be moved into UBER
Back to top Go down
Gym Leader Aero
Admin
Admin
Gym Leader Aero

Pearls : 257367

PostSubject: Reply and thoughts   Salamence UBER! WTF?! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Its interesting that people mention that Rayquaza is the uber counterpart to mence, which only soldifies the fact that mence needs to STAY in OU.

Salamence is a pokemon that deserves to roost(no pun intended) on the top of the OU Tier; he, as you mentioned, has the best mixed offensive capabilities of any pokemon in OU. Losing him will only cause the prediction factor of the offensive OU metagame to become the lesser of two, when comparing it to the defensive side. Yes, I am saying that this one pokemon can shift the balance of the metagame in a completley different direction. As for the future of OU, we can only hope either smogon lays off the CRACK they were on when they put mence in ubers, or that black and white (coming september 18th in japan) will bring offensive pokemon into the OU pokemon that (dare I say it) top the big bad mences raw power. We can only hope these days speed by to this preferable standard of the two. Those are my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bellemerpokemonleauge.webs.com
Silver
Silver

Pearls : 248500

PostSubject: Re: Salamence UBER! WTF?!   Salamence UBER! WTF?! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Well its no big deal you could just play by game freak based Tourney rules. Though if you do that you will also have to allow garchomp which some people might not want to do. On the other hand Mence is deadly i mean he often takes out entire teams if given the chance and he always does a good chunk of damage. Making him uber makes rayquaza say "wtf man! hello? anyone remember me?"

Last edited by Silver on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gym Leader Aero
Admin
Admin
Gym Leader Aero

Pearls : 257367

PostSubject: yea   Salamence UBER! WTF?! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Yea, I mean I still think Quanza outclasses mence just because its faster, but mix-mence is obviously gonna find his nitch in the uber dragons clan *sounds like a xbox gamer clan* But I digress..Maybe if he gets beat up enough in ubers he'll move back down, but I doubt that'll be the case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bellemerpokemonleauge.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salamence UBER! WTF?!   Salamence UBER! WTF?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salamence UBER! WTF?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BelleMerForums :: Belle Mer Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: